Tuesday, August 29, 2006

First day of class + drinking

First day of classes went fine. I've been at the library more or less since 8:00 this morning and it's now 9:30pm. Mary worked a shift by herself in the middle, but I was still hanging around a little helping out. I'll be here in the library until 11:00pm. I'm tired. But my morale is good. I have two students with me now busily working on reserves. So I'm not alone.

Once the students are trained a little more, I'm anticipating leaving them here alone more. I'll double staff in the evening and just check in on them when I'm done in the lounge (just kidding).

Sitting in the library alone in the evening is a good way to meet the crew members. They aren't quite as busy so they stop by and visit a bit with me. I like the security crew members the best, they all look sort of severe and German.

Tonight was the first drinking night for the students. They sold tickets at the pursars desk, then there were drinks from 5-6 then again from 9-11. I can't tell how it's going, if they're behaving or not. The tickets sales were chaotic I think. The lines were so long, I heard some students saying they just gave up. The library opens out onto the main atrium above where the pursars desk is. It sounded like a football game, cheering and yelling. I definitely think Michael would want to experience that before he settles on his atrium idea.

One of my students just came in and said that it was like a frat party. She was grossed out.

I think I'm going to make this short. I'm sort of spaced out and tired. The ocean has been really rough today, a little bit of white caps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home