Monday, December 04, 2006

Rebarcode the whole freaking collection (check)

Big news from the library. Today we finished the rebarcoding project. We've run a couple of reports too, and checked the shelves and it looks good. Looks like we've got everything. I expect a few things to drift in with old barcodes tomorrow and the next day, but other than that we're done. I feel really good about it. After we remove the Fall reserve personal copies I think we'll have around 600 items left in the database with an old barcode. That's not as many as I was expecting to see. In addition to this we checked how many new items we've put in, and the number is right around 1,000. These are mostly things that were on the shelves with barcodes and spine labels but without records in the database. We've added some new stuff, but mostly it was existing items.

So here's what's left to do:
Take off remaining Fall reserves
Catalog the donations we're adding and add the records to the database
Make a few changes to the manual
Write my end of voyage report...

Oh, and pack, and say goodbye to everyone, and get a million email addresses.

But, I still have two days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home