Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Feel Better about Burma


I think this would also be a good tourism slogan for them: Feel Better about Burma. That's how I'm feeling tonight.


Alright, the dinner and dance performance was pretty darn fun. It was in this very cool faux barge in the middle of a lake. Delicious buffet that served all the favorites (mostly Thai food, I think). They have this awesome thing they serve after meals, fermented tea leaves with nuts. Sounds like hell, tastes like heaven. While we ate there were about 10 different traditional dances performed, some with fire. Then at the end there was about 30-45 minutes of group dancing with everyone, the power went out and then it came back one, then it went back out. They used branches to sprinkle us with water like on palm sunday. I'm glad I didn't wuss out. Tomorrow morning is my last Burma thing, Twantay excursion. An earlier group that did it says it was fun, and they evidently modified the program to give us more of the fun stuff and less of the boring stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home